Morning Pages and Printable Cookie Bags

by - Friday, November 12, 2010

I've been doing a little morning exercise. I feel it is just what I need to revive my lackluster creative mojo. It's called Morning Pages, a creative recovery tool  developed and taught by Julia Cameron, renaissance woman extraordinaire and author of  The Artist's Way: The Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity. You can download Julia's PDF creative recovery basic tool guide here

I am in no way an artist but I believe living is an art and we must utilize all the tools and techniques that we can to express the beauty of the divine that dwells in each one of us.


Morning Pages are three pages of longhand, stream of consciousness writing, done first thing in the morning. There is no wrong way to do Morning Pages-- they are not high art. They are about anything and everything that crosses your mind-- and they are for your eyes only. 
-Julia Cameron, The Artist's Way 



So far I've succeeded in filling three blank pages with random, disembodied, dream sequence like thoughts and musings that would otherwise horrify my writing professor. Writing in a hypnagogic state isn't so bad at all. You don't censor, edit or agonize over grammatical lapses when you are in a state of pure awareness.  You just write, you just flow. Isn't creating just flowing? I'm beginning to see the wisdom in Julia's teachings and work.

In the meantime if you're anything like me,  go buy yourself a pretty journal and start writing before you have that morning coffee.



On a different note, I found a cute printable cookie  bag so perfect for portable cookie breakfasts and lunch box treats. Visit Mushy blog to grab this fun PDF printable. I printed mine on letter sized kraft paper. It yields two cookie bags in 2 designs. Try it!

Happy Friday!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. love those cookie bags :) Gx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read her book a long time ago and you are inspiring me to do this again too! And I have to make cookie bags now... I'm the Queen of chocolate chip cookies around here! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Sweet! Your comment is appreciated!

Printfriendly

COPYRIGHT NOTICE

2007-2024 THE SWEET TIDINGS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. POWERED BY BLOGGER